1. Decide on a broad topic
Remember, it's important you choose something that interests you.
2. Narrow your topic
It shouldn't be too broad. Your presentation will only be a couple of
minutes. Lesson for review
3. Develop a question that will guide your research and result in an
Remember, your question should allow you to develop an opinion.
Share your question with Mr. Maloof Lesson for review
4. Find and evaluate resources
This is very important. There must be enough trustworthy resources to
support your research. Lesson for Review
5. Read and Learn! Highlight while you read.
Use your Diigo account to save your notes.
6. Translate into notes.
Jot phrases and abbreviations in your notebook. Do not write in full
sentences. Use your own words. Example of Notes
7. Write a well developed paragraph that answers your question.
Paragraph Format, Paragraph Example
8. Consider how you will share what you have learned.
Your presentation must include a visual display.
Individual Inquiry Rubric
Group Inquiry Rubric
Ask Doug: Do Fish Sleep?